This conference provides the opportunity to discuss a number of current issues, such as:
- What kind of technology for the collection, analysis and exchange of data will be necessary to achieve effective law-enforcement?
- How can these needs be accommodated under the "EU information exchange model"?
- What is the future of EU-US data exchange after the controversy over SWIFT, also with a view to the exchange of Passenger Name Records and the general agreement on data protection?
- What is the impact of the ECJ decision on the independence of data protection authorities in Germany?
- What considerations from the judgment of the Bundesverfassungsgericht on data retention are relevant for data protection in all Member States?
- How does data exchange under the 'Prüm' mechanism work in practice?
- How will the EU legal framework for data protection evolve under the Lisbon Treaty?
More information on ERA's website.